how to get the value of a custom property if the name of the cProperty is in a variable?

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue Aug 8 12:11:02 EDT 2017

On 08/08/2017 08:56 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:
> Again, don't do that.
>
> Years ago I knew a woman who wanted to use special characters on her mac for file names which were perfectly legal with HFS, but NOT legal for NTFS. When we moved her files to a Windows share, some of her files, though visible, were inaccessible. (Why Windows even allowed the files to be written without some kind of warning is another mystery).

Heh.
Once on a Windows machine I ended up with a filename that had a trailing
space. Nothing would get rid of it. Nothing. Every disk utility I tried
found the file with no problem, but deleting the file failed because the
trailing space wasn't recognized by the OS. The File-That-Wouldn't-Die
lived on until the disk was reformatted.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com