How do I specify the papersize name for printing?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Aug 7 11:00:23 EDT 2017

That is an interesting question. Working with copiers, I know that the paper "name" (= size) have to match a built-in "name" in order for the printer to auto-print, otherwise the print job gets redirected to the bypass (manual feed) tray and held until a user hits the Go button.

Sone drivers are smart enough to match size with name and send the correct name in the metadata. Some other things that have to match are thickness, coating (glossy, matte, plain etc.) and paper color, all depending on what the device supports.

Bob S