[OT-ish] Updating MacBook from El Capitan to Sierra to install Xcode 8.3+

Jerry Jensen jerry at jhjensen.com
Thu Aug 3 22:40:58 EDT 2017

As others have said, Sierra (10.12.x) is good old (?) HFS+. High Sierra (10.13.x) introduces APFS and is still in developer preview beta.

I have upgraded 8 or so macs to Sierra with few problems. My biggest headache was going from 10.12.5 to 10.12.6 on only one machine that got in a fight with an ancient hp printer driver kext. That was a B#$^%^ to find. Other than that its been smooth. You have already CCC’ed to a fresh drive, so you shouldn’t have any rotten bits. CCC is indispensable!
.Jerry