[OT-ish] Updating MacBook from El Capitan to Sierra to install Xcode 8.3+

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 16:22:09 EDT 2017

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:13 PM, Colin Holgate via use-livecode <

> It’s High Sierra that has APFS, and I did have major problems in trying
> that. It may be better by now, but when I had to wipe my drive I went back
> to regular HFS+.

I would expect that when downgrading a file system . . . (or any other
change of file system other than one designed as an upgrade-in-place)

> LiveCode seems to be working ok.

I haven't had any particular quirks with it on this MacBook running high
sierra, but I spend most of my time on sierra.  (iCloud drive is
spectacular at keeping my three main machines synchronized!)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462