Android device speed

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Thu Aug 3 08:36:11 EDT 2017

I would be more inclined to not say in general "...that Android runs
slower...", but rather "Android runs LiveCode apps slower."

There are plenty of Android apps in the Play store that handle large
graphics VERY well on Android.  It may or may not be just how LiveCode
rolls, as an improved experience can be achieved by handling images better
in your code. Breaking them up into grid pieces, and only displaying the
portion that is within the current view is one way.  You can also reduce
the size of PNG files using specialized utilities like TinyPNG.

~Roger

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 3:20 AM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <