Hackintosh

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 18:40:04 EDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <

> I have just changed my Devawriter licensing system so that each
> instantiation of it that I sell is tied to the MAC address of
> an individual computer. Therefore there is nothing to respect, a chain is
> a chain, and if someone manages to spoof Mac Addresses
> on a large scale to use my program the fact that they would go to that
> trouble proves it's a program worth having!

My licensing system is tied to individual lawyers.  The license key I
provide is where the name and address come from for the pleadings; it
simply isn't possible to actually input these.

So a lawyer and his assistant(s) can all actually work on the same file at
the same time (and adding iPad won't be too hard; I've been coding to make
groups instead of stacks possible for a couple of years), but it won't file
under someone else's name.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462