Hackintosh

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 16:07:09 EDT 2017

Apple's EULA may not actually be legal or legally enforcable in a large
number of territories
where this Use-List is read.

Just seen Tim Cook "sucking the kneecaps" of China's one-party state's
leaders and blethering anent "adhering to the law" re VPNs.
Nothing makes me despise anyone more than trying to justify adherence to
laws of a totalitarian state.

Sometimes the law is an ass; as has been demonstrated by sensible
lawyers time out of mind.

This kind of reaction makes me want to scream "Richard Stallman" in a
very trenchant tones.

I also don't see how discussing how one might go about something has to
be seen as a demonstration of an intention
to carry out those actions . . .

. . . but then I don't live in a paranoid police state (Bulgaria had a
patch of that and gave it up, just as some, previously open, states
started on an opposite journey).

Of course in "parts west" they don't even need the full apparatus of a
police-state any more as they have, through political
correctness  effectively erected what Mao Zedong ( a well-known advocate
of democracy) termed "a dictatorship of the
proletariat" where the people police themselves.

Anyway we don't need to worry about that when we have our own folk
attempting to impose censorship nearer to home.

I have come up against this attitude in several places recently, the
idea that a place is "safe and friendly" only when we are not allowed to
express certain opinions.

That is the beginning of the end of proper, robust discussion and
healthy creativity.

Richmond.