merge() only evaluating first expression?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 15:02:28 EDT 2017

Before I file the bug report, I want to check that this is an error (or am
I missing something

I have the custom property  blElQry with value

SELECT kywd FROM [[dhtbl_dat]] WHERE kywd LIKE '[[the leadFdWc of srcRw]]%'
ESCAPE '\' ORDER BY kywd

However, the single quote appears to be blocking evaluation of the second
bracketed term; the first is correctly taken from a variable, but the
second retains that literal text.

I don't  believe that LiveCode should be treating a single-quoted range as
a literal in merge(), should it?

For that matter, nothing in the dictionary suggests that a double-quoted
string would be exempt from valuation.
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462