Mark in a kilt...

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Aug 2 10:56:48 EDT 2017

I couldn't say. I had no notion of such things back then. It was a high school band, but don't let that put you off. We imported everything from Scotland, even the drumsticks. The kilts and other atire were from a real Scottish clan. The instructors were top notch. I never saw it but I was told the drum instructor had so many trophys there were no more flat places in his house to display them so he had to put some in storage. They took teenage kids who knew nothing and in 2 years had them marching in real parades and winning awards.

The learning was hard. If you were late once for practice you were automatically cut, and it didn't matter why. They started with 30+ kids and by the last cut they had 4. I was one of the 4. We were expected to practice on our own for hours a day. It was one of the best experiences of my teenage life.

Bob S