revHTTP

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue Aug 1 18:57:45 EDT 2017

Friends,

I just looked at the source code for the new httpd library, it is quite
similar in "what it is doing" to mchttpd and my own revhttpd. Basically
both of them use LC to accept and process requests. I had the impression
that the new library was using some C/C++ based implementation.

The implementation Monte made is very minimalist and elegant. It is easy to
follow and can even serve as a base for more ambitious projects. It suffers
from the same problems as mchttpd and revhttpd though which is, it can't
handle any form of concurrency. If your callback handler blocks, there is a
great chance that any other requests will be discarded (unless LC is
actually buffering and queueing them which would be awesome and also solve
the same issue on the other implementations).

om om
andre

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 5:33 PM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode <

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.