Documentation on Accelerated Rendering

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sun Apr 30 21:39:02 EDT 2017

Jacque

thanks for the detailed query, or rather the detailed outline of the Shadows of the Unknown World of Rendering.

appropo the puzzle app/module we have in our new app, which is pretty much failing on Android completely.

@ the rest of you:
we get a quote from a dbase,
take snapshots of word in the correct position,
assign the position of the tile to a custom property of the tile
Tiles are draggable
and when the tile approaches it's "home" location we turn on an outer glow and it snaps into position, on completion, award message and link to read the page form the book the quote was taken from

background picture changes on every new puzzle.

I been working on this little game for nearly three years off and on. Jacque stepped in and opimized my code and took it to the next level

Works great on iOS, users love it (very addicting), but performance is so bad on Android that it's virtually blocked.

@jacque: ". And from my
    incorrect bug report, I gather you shouldn't change layermode on the fly."

so we can't set the layermode of newly created objects a dynamic GUI context where the UX is letting users create object to drag around?

Seems this would be a common algorithm for lot's of different games and "fun stuff" (I also have it working for images)

OK, I'm off to test now with setting the layer mode of the tiles, but it takes *forever* for the puzzle to generated on my old Nexus5.

BR