Swiping between cards - metaphor end-of-the-road?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 27 13:17:54 EDT 2017

Paul Dupuis wrote:

 > On 4/26/2017 3:02 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
 >> Either way, the gestures themselves are only part of the challenge.
 >> In fact, for card swiping we need only one, a swipe. The bigger part
 >> is handling the dual-card render during the gesture.
 >

 > This would work (in theory) for the visualization except that didn't
 > visual effect end in LC 8 with deprecating quicktime?
 >
 >   visual effect wipe left slowly
 >   go next cd

That will give us an appearance suitable for a discrete action, like a
button click, but it won't track the user's finger.

A true swipe follows the user's finger, and even cancels by swiping back
into the original position if the user releases their finger before a
certain horizontal threshold is reached.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems