Font embedding for iOS in LC9

Keith Martin thatkeith at mac.com
Tue Apr 25 12:33:04 EDT 2017

On 25 Apr 2017, at 15:36, Andrew Bell via use-livecode wrote:

> Digging around through my stack I found some old commented out code
> for "start using font file tFont" but that seems to be Mac/PC
> standalone code not needed for mobile.

Not actual insight, at least in the sense of answers, but I found a way
to install fonts in iOS. They need to be base64 encoded and saved as
.mobileconfig documents in order to work. I made a tool (using LiveCode,
natch) to do this; it's available at http://thehelpful.com/iosfonts/

One day I must upload the stack for others to grab! But so many other
things to do... :-/

---

Keith Martin
Senior Lecturer, LCC (University of the Arts London)
President, http://IVRPA.org
http://PanoramaPhotographer.com
http://thatkeith.com
+44 (0)7909541365