Don't amputate numberFormat (was: affecting array keys???)

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Apr 21 22:16:19 EDT 2017

A couple years ago I had a look at format. I gave up after I got the headache. I tried again today. Same results. I cannot even begin to fathom the printf() C rules! I read and read and read, try examples etc. but NOTHING can get me to the point where I can make "1.1" into "01.10" never mind "10.2.1.6" into "010.002.001.006".

My workaround fixes my issue, and Jacque's works also, provided you put the numberFormat into a separate function so that you do not have to continually keep resetting the numberformat everytime it might affect *ANY* numeric value as text.

Bob S