taking a screenshot fails - video experience needed

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Apr 20 12:11:00 EDT 2017

It may be a feature of their AV software.

Bob S

On Apr 20, 2017, at 05:03 , Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

Hello,

A vital part of my program is taking screenshots (snapshot) from videos,
played in my program (DirectShow videos, LC 8.1.4, Windows 10)

On a customer machine the snapshot doesn't work at all, it takes only a
black screen. For my limited understanding this is related to the video/
screen buffer. I tried both LiveCode options with alwaysBuffer of my
videoPlayer = true/false. Same result, black screen. This issue seems
perhaps not to be only a LiveCode issue because creating a screenshot with
other apps also only get a black screen from the video. In an older version
of my program with QT videos and older machines (up to win 7) I also
experienced this behavior on some rare machines and I found that turning the
hardware acceleration of the video card to off fixed this issue. But since
windows 10 there isn't anymore this option "hardware acceleration" in the
properties of the video adapter, which you could turn off and I didn't found
any comparable option.

Has anybody perhaps any idea, what I could look for changing the video
buffer behavior inside LiveCode or the system?

Thanks

Tiemo