accents, graves & other funny charecters...

John Dixon DixonJA at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Apr 15 12:52:19 EDT 2017

I always struggle with , or I should say with how liveCode and unicode interact and how many times it changes about hoow to use it as always left me confused...

Now, in fld "coord", I have ... 49.196839,-0.907385

I throw this at google and it returns the address...

Route Forestière de la Réserve, 50680 Cerisy-la-Forêt, France,

Can someone please show me, tell me... even shout at me ... what do I need to do to sort out these 'funny charecters' ?

on mouseUp

put "http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?latlng=<coord>&sensor=true" into theURL

replace "<coord>" with fld "coord" in theURL

put URL theURL into temp

put lineOffset("formatted_address",temp) into red

set itemdel to ":"

put item 2 of line red of temp into theAddress

replace quote with empty in theAddress

delete char 1 of theAddress

put boo into fld 1

end mouseUp