Downloads - Immodest Proposal

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Wed Apr 12 21:49:52 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I noticed that on livecode.com the front page has no download link.
Anywhere.

It would be great if interested people who happen upon the web site
could instantly download LiveCode with a prominent button. I see a trial
signup, but it really takes some persistence to go through the steps! In
fact, it gets off to a slow start even to find the sign up box, which
was on a second page and took some effort to locate.

Once a download is started, people generally want to follow through and
install it. What if the trial signup came at the end of the installation
process as a quick step, similar to the current licensing choice screen?
Just a thought. At least they could have it downloading while working on
the signup. With detection it should be easy to provide the appropriate
file.

Regardless, a download link or button, especially above the fold, would
sure be nice. Right now I think the web page is a little too shy and
modest about the awesome LC executables that are waiting to be explored.
Show the world what you have!

(I was going to joke around a bit for those who are familiar with the
original "Modest Proposal" in literature, but I'm not sure if that work
is still popular these days so I decided not to.)

Best wishes,

Curry K.