OS X Firewall triggering on launch

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 11 14:07:55 EDT 2017

On 4/11/17 1:01 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> On 4/11/17 1:35 AM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> Yes the IDE is accepting connections for the remote debugger to work.
>> Standalones then open sockets to the IDE. You should only get this
>> dialog if you don’t allow signed apps to accept connections by
>> default and/or don’t allow it the first time you run LC. Once you
>> allow it you shouldn’t see this again unless LC gets modified or
>> something.
>
> I always answer "yes" to the dialog and I still get it every launch. The
> firewall is set to accept connections to signed software. I see LC
> 9.0dp5 in the acceptance list but not dp6. If it matters, the Mac is
> running Mavericks.

I just added dp6 to the firewall manually. My guess is that the Mac
reads the name of the app and determines it's a "new" app but when the
firewall actually checks for it, it sees dp 6 as an update rather than a
different app and doesn't update its acceptance list. That's purely a
guess though. It still doesn't explain why the automatic acceptance of
signed apps doesn't allow the connection by default.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com