LC crashing when trying to save a standalone

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Apr 10 00:41:52 EDT 2017

interesting I was having exactly this problem this week… slightly different scenario, but smells like the same fishy business.

I was working in our branch "nightly" in 9 dp 5  and did something stupid broke stuff… I will spare you the story.

I thought "hmm I had this working in 8.1.3"  so I check out a commit from March 17th, as a new branch and went to work in 8.3.1

but my main stack refused to be accepted by xCode when I tried to put it on my phone…invalide entitlements. four days spinning wheels and testing.. changing my provisionig profile, checking entitlements from the cmd line… etc.  I could find nothing wrong.

Anyway, while mucking around in the old commit I discover where I had gone wrong later… it was not a big thing, so I when back to my "future" branch "nightly" in 9dp5.. and now, guess what.. the mainMyApp.livecode stack… I could now build the SA and xCode was happy with it..

but, and this is the mysterious part: the entitlements of my app as output by codesign an security cms… were exactly the same as the stack from the earlier commit that I was deploy with the SA in 8.1.3.

I could only assume that the myMainStack.livecode was corrupt some how, and yes, I went through the whole thing deleting my settings and even manually wiped cRevStandaloneSettings on the "bad stack" and rebuilt the SA settings from ground zero… nothing helped.