OT (?): Bookmarking GPS coords

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Apr 9 10:49:27 EDT 2017

Thanks Jacque, that's a very generous offer. It sounds like I should try
again for Android (I did try Android once before, with some success; but
the only Android device I had was a Kindle Fire, which adds its own
complexities, so that mini project just kind of withered :-)

I'll investigate it some more, and scream for help if I need it.

Basically it's :
  - for the village I live in, and surrounding areas
  - majority of the houses have *only* a name - no number, no
street/road, just a name ...
What I'm doing is in 3 parts :
  - really simple web page to search based on partial house/street
names  (trivial)
  - desktop/laptop app to display a map and allow volunteer/user to
position a marker "at" the house
  - tablet/phone app to allow a volunteer to walk/cycle around and click
when outside each named house

First two parts are done - except for tidying up; I'll finish them off
sometime over the next week or two (school holidays, so we hobbyists
have limited in to play on our computers :-) and post or upload them.
And I'll give the mobile app a try as well - may be an excuse to buy a
new gadget/phone :-)

-- Alex.