revBrowser

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Apr 5 12:18:35 EDT 2017

On 2017-04-05 17:53, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:
> Well, I looked in the dictionary for "browser" and that's what I found
> :-)

The widgets come under different sections in the left hand drop-down at
the moment unfortunately...

> OK - so now I see there's a choice ....which should I use ?
> Is there a similar sample or lesson covering the browser widget ?

That is a good question - I shall check...

However, one of the reasons for needed a revBrowser sample stack was
that you have to setup and
teardown your browsers yourself so it is fiddly to use in comparison to
a normal control.

The browser widget, on the other hand, is as simple as 'drag the widget
from the tools palette to your card
and set its url property'. The properties are also editable in the
Property Inspector.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps