Single File Deploy on Windows?

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Tue Apr 4 17:54:53 EDT 2017

Paul,

Thank you for the advice.  But, either it didn’t work, or I’m doing it wrong.  Here’s what I did:

on startUp
new inv stack "myExternals"
set the mainStack of stack "myExternals" to "myGreatApp"
set the externals of stack "myExternals" to pExternals

-- pExternals is a list of all the dll’s that LC created when the app was built with all extensions selected:
-- C:/Users/MyPC/aFolder/revpdfprinter.dll
-- C:/Users/MyPC/aFolder/revsecurity.dll
-- C:/Users/MyPC/aFolder/Externals/revbrowser.dll
-- C:/Users/MyPC/aFolder/Externals/revzip.dll
-- C:/Users/MyPC/aFolder/Externals/tsNet.dll
-- C:/Users/MyPC/aFolder/Externals/CEF/dedcompiler_43.dll
-- C:/Users/MyPC/aFolder/Externals/CEF/dedcompiler_47.dll
-- C:/Users/MyPC/aFolder/Externals/CEF/libcef.dll
-- C:/Users/MyPC/aFolder/Externals/CEF/libEGL.dll
-- C:/Users/MyPC/aFolder/Externals/CEF/libEGLSv2.dll

start using stack "myExternals"
end startUp

I checked the externals of stack “myExternals” and they are set correctly.
I checked that “myExternals” is in the stacksInUse

However, a simple “put url” doesn’t work.

Sorry if I’m being stupid.

-Dan

Externals (.dll files that an a LC external) can be added to a created
substack on startup by setting the externals of that new sustack to the
approriate names and paths and then the substack started as a Library
stack via 'start using' which will load the externals.