OMG WTF detailed files BST?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Apr 3 04:06:21 EDT 2017

On 2017-03-31 19:23, Local (BenR) wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for your response, very helpful.
>
> Unfortunately I don't know what the filesystem of the volume with the
> files is - this is a client's network, and they set up a VM in the DMZ
> for me to work on, with this network share mounted - but I've no idea
> what the fileserver is.

Hmmm - I suspect something to do with the fileserver is at play here.

LiveCode uses FindFirstFileW and similar Win32 APIs to fetch the
detailed file
into. Beyond converting the raw 'filetime' value which you get to
'seconds
since 1970' (UTC) which is just (essentially) done by adding a constant
offset
it doesn't do anything suspect with such values.

I can't explain why Explorer shows the correct values unless:

   1) It 'knows' about some sort of DST drift problem and has hard-coded
handling of it

   2) It is using a different API to LiveCode to get the same info

Of course (2) requires there being a different file system API one could
use, but to
my knowledge all Win32 FS operations are implemented in terms of the
family we are
using.

Therefore, some more precise details of the setup your app is running on
is probably
the best thing to try and get now - i.e. the details of the network
share and how
it is configured in the VM.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.