Android Build Woes on Mac

panagiotis merakos merakosp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 02:06:51 EDT 2017

Hi Brahmanathaswami,

This probably means that LC does not find the android SDK. Go to LC
Preferences -> Mobile Support and make sure the path to android SDK is set
and valid.

Best
Panos

On 1 Apr 2017 06:25, "Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode" <

last week thinks were flow well in Mac OS X Sierra w LC 9DP5

I could plug in my Nexus 5 via USB, check for Android build in the SB
settings and ti would appear in the menu as a test target and I could
deploy very fast. in fact that was so much more convenient than iOS builds
that I didn't even both to test on iOS since for the most part if I can get
it working on Android, it always works on my iPhone 6+

But then a few days ago, nothing I can do in LC will make the phone appear
in the menu. at someone' recommendation I cd's into the Android SDK folder
and ran these commands

Brahmanathaswami-3:platform-tools Brahmanathaswami$ ./adb kill-server
* server not running *
Brahmanathaswami-3:platform-tools Brahmanathaswami$ ./adb start-server
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
Brahmanathaswami-3:platform-tools Brahmanathaswami$ ./adb devices
List of devices attached
06d7a4fd439cf2c5      device

so apparently, my Mac and the Android SDK see the device. But Livecode
doesn't

Think perhaps this is just a new LC IDE quirk I went ahead and tried to
build to disk..

LC tries but fails to build the Android Standalone  saying

"There was an error while saving the
standalone applications
could not compile application class."

"OK"

Any clues what is wrong? I don't think I changed anything mission critical
since it was working last week.I'm targetting 4.1 - Jelly Bean

subscription preferences: