[OT] Looking for a statistic

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Wed Sep 28 16:12:30 EDT 2016

Among my employees, it is definitely primarily browser action.  Even the
folks who are running some desktop app or another, including terminal
emulators to get into the ERP software, do most of their work in a
browser.  We installed Google Docs waaaay back when it was in beta, so
there is no office app running.  Material management is a good example of
the difference in platforms.  Our desktop users are almost always in a
browser, so we have an LC app that we wrote that extracts data from our ERP
software to update various Google spreadsheets to keep them (and our
customers) up-to-the-minute on the status of inventory/production
schedules/shipments/etc., but on our handhelds, we do the same thing in an
app.