resources-rules: Using older versions of LiveCode to build iOS with older versions of Xcode

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Sep 28 08:43:08 EDT 2016

To try to get round a problem that's preventing me from working in LC 8.1, I
thought I'd go back to LC 7.1.2.

That requires Xcode 7.2, but fortunately I now keep multiple copies of Xcode
zipped up against this eventuality. However, when I try to build the iOS
standalone with it, I get a new error
	codesigning failed with Warning:
	--resources-rules has been deprecated in Mac OS X >= 10.10!

(and in spite of this being a 'warning', of a deprecation, the standalone is
not signed.)

My memory is dim, but I find it hard to believe that I haven't built an iOS
app with 7.1.2 since installing OS X 10.10 (released in October 2014, nearly
two years before 7.1.2). So I'm hoping I don't really have to locate or create
a machine running 10.9 to make any progress. Does anyone know what the real
issue might be here, and is there a way to fix it?

TIA,

Ben