The Achilles heel of Android and iOS

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 20:03:29 EDT 2016

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing many
interesting points of view.

On Sat Sep 24 2016, Kay C Lan wrote:

> And you wonder why people are so eager to go out
> and buy the latest and greatest when they can't even
> tell the difference with what they've already got.
> It's not about the phone/shoes/handbag/car, it's about
> the perception of 'the haves' vs 'the have nots'.

If computer technology has become just another
fashion item that buys status, then I understand
how this technological era would comes to an end:
A Popular Phone App, with a zero day
vulnerability...

On Sun Sep 25 2016, Matt Maier wrote:

> Of the two skills, engineering and sales,
> it's the sales skill that's more generally useful
> (provided there are other humans around).
> If an engineer does good engineering
> they STILL have to find a salesman.
> If a salesman does good sales they don't
> necessarily even need a real product
> or service at all.

Good point. This brings to my memory a
conversation about Japan where this
visitor remarked surprised that all middleman
(or salesman) that he visited there while doing
business, were extremely wealthy. The words
that he used was "A life of extravagant luxury"

If you think about it, this is expected because
all Industrial Japanese Products (including mass
media phenomenon like games, movies, music,
etc) have been sold by middlemen, not directly
by their creators.

In USA, the pattern is the same and some of
the richest companies are Middlemen too:
Walmart, Amazon, Google and many more
make their fortune selling other people's creations
and products.

Alejandro