8.1.1 RC 1 - iOS Standalone Build Failure

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Sep 26 13:26:36 EDT 2016

I tried a build for iOS yesterday with 8.1.1 RC1 and was informed my xCode was behind… OK.. downloaded xCode 8--> LC prefs-> picked it, got green light, for current xCode and iOS 10 simulators -- all good to go.

Tried a build.. as has been happening for the past 2 months, every time I build the first attempt fails with a long error message about not finding the arm files… then you try again and the build succeeds.

This time we had the same behavior: first attempt to build throws the same error list, but then on the second attempt I get this  never-before-seen msg

linking for arm (armv7) failed with Id:
Library not found for -lcrt1.3.1o
clang: error: linker command failed with
exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

BR