reloading iOS provisioning profiles etc
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Mon Sep 26 15:15:35 CEST 2016
Rant==>Apple's eco system make me nuts.
After you add the device on your developer account:
1) Select the new device and regenerate the provisioning profile in your developer account.
2) Open Xcode and go to prefs and on the "Accounts" tab click on your account and click the your team on the right.
3) Click "View Details"
4) The updated provisioning profile should have a download button.
5) There will now be duplicate provisioning profiles. To avoid confusion seeing duplicate provisioning profiles in LC, right click to old one(s) and delete them.
6) Open LC.
7) You will see that there is no longer a provisioning profile selected.
8) Select the provisioning profile and you should be good to go.
Evergreen Information Services
From: use-livecode [mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of Ben Rubinstein
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2016 6:54 PM
To: Use LiveCode
Subject: reloading iOS provisioning profiles etc
After adding a new device to my registered set in my Apple developer account, how can I get LC to recognise it?
I go through this every now and then, conduct a lot of superstitious rituals, eventually I get there.. but I never know how.
I've launched Xcode, used it to build an app to the device, which caused it to say that there was a problem and offer to fix it. Now Xcode can build to the new device, but LiveCode still not.
The message (when I ask Xcode to add the newly built app to the device) is
The executable was signed with invalid entitlements.
The entitlements specified in your application’s Code Signing
Entitlements file do not match those specified in your
provisioning profile. (0xE8008016).
In LC, I've selected a different provisioning profile, selected the original one again, quit and restarted LC, turned to face east, hailed cthulhu, etc...
all the usual things... still no luck.
So, how do I force LC to refresh the provisioning profiles, or otherwise to build an app which can be installed on a new device?
Secondary question: how do I get LC to stop seeing every old profile I've ever had (many with the same name) in the "Profile" popup on the iOS tab of the Standalone Settings window?
use-livecode mailing list
use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
More information about the use-livecode