Can use assign multiple behaviors to a single object?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sun Sep 25 00:16:53 EDT 2016

Slightly 45 days later I'm back wondering about multiple behavior assignments to single "child" object

@ Dick " I have a library called "libBehaviorList" you could use"

Can you share that lib with us?

 BR

Dick Kriesel" wrote:

    >On Aug 11, 2016, at 2:34 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <brahma at hindu.org> wrote:
    >but looking for
    >OBJECT A (with behaviors)
    >       behavior 1
    >       behavior 2
    >       bevaiour 3
    >all with an "equal standing"

    I have a library called "libBehaviorList" you could use to give any object a list of behaviors, as if the "behavior" property evolved to allow a list. (I think it should, but I’m still exploring.)

    A use case involves the script editor’s "Apply" button, whose events may matter to multiple development tools.  When that button already has a behavior, the process for adding another also adds complexity and adverse side effects.  The library encapsulates the complexity and prevents the adverse side effects (that I’ve seen).

    Because multiple behaviors appear in a list whose sequence the developer controls, the message path stays deterministic.

    If you’re interested, what would you like to know?

    — Dick