getting the "normal" messages when reopening a stack

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 17:19:20 EDT 2016

My user interface stacks are now made by cloning the respective stack, to
allow multiple open debtors, and multiple windows of each type in the
interface.

I store the stem that identifies tables and windows in the dbtr_stem custom
property of the stack.

I need to lock messages as I open the stack, as no setup routines even make
sense until this property exists and is accessible. Once clones, I set that
property, as well as the name (which depend on that property).  I then
close the new stack.

Is there a way to send the "normal" messages, such as preopenstack and open
card when it opens.  I had assumed that closing the stack and reopening
would cause this to happen, but apparently not.

These are transient stacks; they should never get saved to disk, and are
deleted as part of the process of closing a debtor.
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462