LC 8.1 Error

Randy Hengst iowahengst at mac.com
Sat Sep 24 12:57:00 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I’m continuing to learn about LC 8.1. I am now working on an iOS app that I put on the App Store back in 2011… that should have been iOS 5.x … I’m not sure which version of LC.

The app still works in iOS 9.3.5 — I’ve not tested on iOS 10.

The app is on the “update or remove” Apple list.

When I build the app with LC 8.1 and test on the simlator I receive an error message based on this handler:
on errorDialog pExecutionError, pParseError

answer "An error occurred on line: " & item 2 of line 1 of pExecutionError

end errorDialog

The message states: “An error occurrend on line: 0”

When I adjust the handler to use:
answer pExecutionError

I see 2,0,0 as the error message.

How do I go about debugging line zero? I’ve peppered my code with “answer” statements to no avail. I can’t pinpoint the problem.

The error doesn’t show itself in the IDE.

be well,
randy

Randy Hengst
www.classroomFocusedSoftware.com