ANN: new glx2 script editor now on line

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Sep 23 20:44:50 EDT 2016

Mark:   Really
    curious about what's going on with your system that's interfering with this
    process.

    ...and no, the note about code folding is old and I should probably put it
    to bed now.

BR: well I would be happy to screen share some time with Team Viewer (it's free)  email me off list.

I tried again just now..

8.1.1 RC1

I removed all my plug ins

nothing left but

GLX2 Code.rev  # no preferences file either… deleted that too.

Start up LiveCode

Open stack I'm working with… it's a utility thing to help me select images for our new app.

in the stack script I have a number of handlers… all called from buttons on the card

command fitToScreen
    put the width of the target into tOrigWidth
    put the height of the target into tOrigHeight
    put (the width of this card -50)  into tNewWidth
    put the height of this card into tCardHeight

    if tOrigWidth >  tOrigHeight then # landscape
        put "landscape" into tOrientation
    else
        put "portrait" into tOrientation
    end if

    switch tOrientation  #scale to fit
    case "landscape"

   set the width of img "currentImage" to tCardWidth-50
   put  round ( (tOrigwidth*tNewWid)/tOrigWidth) into tNewHeight
   set height of img ii to tNewHeight#

end fitToScreen

# So I'm still in LC IDE scxript editor.. make a new button on the card  and enter

on MouseUP
   ReviewSelections
end mouseup

in the stack script I add:

command ReviewSelections
  put fld "selectedImagesList" into fld "currentImagesInReview"

end reviewSelections

OK so now I compile that script… run the button.. it works. I close the tab in LC SE…save the stack… click on the GLX2 to switch to GLX for editing.

Open the stack script

huh?  my new handler:

command ReviewSelections
  put fld "selectedImagesList" into fld "currentImagesInReview"

end reviewSelections

is not there (he blinks twice in wonderment)

-- remove GLX2 Code.rev

reboot LiveCode
open my stack
edit stack script… ahaha!  there it is…  my new handler *is* safe and sound in the stack script.

Very odd.