The name of the property to trace scripts into the IDE

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 19:50:40 EDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 3:02 PM, mwieder <ahsoftware at sonic.net> wrote:

> Ah! I see what you mean... you were actually looking at the messagebox
> stack
> with a hex editor...

Actually, just plain old boring "less" . . . I thought it might be a pure
script stack, and took a shot

> those are custom properties stored as backscripts and
> frontscripts. If you look at the stack with the property inspector you'll
> see all that cruft in place. I have no idea why it's there, and you might
> try removing it all, but I don't think that's the problem. Also if you (in
> the messagebox because the PI is broken in this regard) type
>
> put the cRevGeneral["breakpoints"] of stack "Message Box"
>
> you'll see one breakpoint that was left over in the messagebox and that
> you're apparently triggering when gRevDevelopment is true. Might want to
> get
> rid of that and see if it helps.

It yields nothing in 8.1.0

7.1.4 yields 1035,287--but that's not what's throwing my errors, I don't
thin,.

And to be clear, I've only just set gRevDevelopment to true--I;m *trying*
to find whatever's throwing the error during startup.

Hmm, I didn't include the output in my earlier message:

whoops! 9/23/164:48 PM

1474674493580

lib: error occurred on line: 478

pParseError:

pExecutionError:

573,478,1,revUpdateGeometry

587,478,1

241,464,1,controlsExpand

353,0,0,stack "/Applications/LiveCode Indy
7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/palettes/revmessagebox.rev"

573,93,1,controlsExpand

253,93,1

241,90,1,preOpenStack

353,0,0,stack "/Applications/LiveCode Indy
7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/palettes/revmessagebox.rev"

context:

stack
"/Users/hawk/dhbk/16/1604/160404/dhLib.160404b.livecode",errorDialog,829

1474674493581

stack
"/Users/hawk/dhbk/16/1604/160404/dhLib.160404b.livecode",errorDialog,843

I try

edit the script of stack  "Applications/LiveCode Indy
7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/palettes/revmessagebox.rev"

but it doesn't get me there.
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462