ANN: new glx2 script editor now on line

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 23 17:39:44 EDT 2016

Mark Wieder wrote:
> OK - admittedly I never thought about command-comma. That's a bizarre key
> sequence. I'll add it to the next build if you really need it.

I have a vague recollection of Cmd-, being an established shortcut for
shifting focus to palettes, specifically those serving a sort of
Inspector role where text entry would be needed.

It may be that I'm thinking of an old version of the Mac HIG long since
revised, but I do know that for many years it was also part of the Adobe
internal design guidelines (though it's been so long since I've been a
beta tester for them I can't say whether they still rely on that shortcut).

Still, may be worth a little research before relying on it.  If we find
any significant number of apps using that for shifting focus to palettes
it may be useful to adopt that for the same purpose in LC.

And if not, we may still want a keyboard shortcut for shifting focus to
the Inspector given that nearly ever newly-created object will need to
be named and at the moment we have no guidance on that provided by the
UI, instead needing to double-click, manually aim, click, and drag to
select the name, and only then can we start typing.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems