LiveCode interface to SCORM /LIT

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Fri Sep 23 15:53:33 EDT 2016

Folks:
Here’s some more info I found on interfaces to LMS. I queried the director (a friend) of the Office of Instructional Improvement at the University of California, Santa Barbara and got this response:

"Hey, good to hear from you.  Sorry for the delayed response, but yesterday was the first day of classes for fall.  I also had to do a bit of research. In terms of interoperability with LMS’s  the best option, I think, is for the Livecode guys to focus on the LTI 2 standards and APIs for defining an LTI 2 content publisher and LTI 2 content consumer.  That is the interoperability piece.  xAPI is a set of API’s for collecting and storing user interaction data for later analysis, e.g. learning analytics.  It is a standard proposed by ADL.  It is kind of competing in that space with Caliper with is being developed by IMS global, and which is intended to work with the LTI 2 standard which IMS Global is also developing. I would think that it would be better to stick with the whole IMS Global suite of interoperability standards and analytics collection standards than trying to knit LTI 2 and xAPI, but that’s just me.  The UC system has been very involved with development of both standards working with IMS Global for the past three years.  Hope that helps.”

A useful Link:
http://www.laceproject.eu/learning-analytics-review/files/2016/08/LACE-review07_xapi-caliper.pdf <http://www.laceproject.eu/learning-analytics-review/files/2016/08/LACE-review07_xapi-caliper.pdf>

Best,
Bill