The name of the property to trace scripts into the IDE

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 13:25:35 EDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 5:47 PM, Mark Wieder <ahsoftware at sonic.net> wrote:

> On 09/22/2016 01:24 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
>
> global gRevDevelopment; put true into gRevDevelopment
>>>

>> Unfortunately, it's not getting me there.
>>

> <sigh> one of the problems with setting gRevDevelopment to true is that
> you expose yourself to bugs and unremoved breakpoints in the IDE stacks.
> With the default setting of false these errors are just swept under the rug
> and you (mostly) never notice them.

I'll put up with some extras if I can just get at the line of code throwing
the error!

> also, in reading the file revmessagebox.rev, I see lots of references like:
>>
>> button id 1037 of group id 1016 of card id 1002 of stack
>> "/Applications/LiveCode Community 6.7 (dp
>> 2).app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/revlibrary.rev"
>>

>> What in the world is this doing in Indy 7.1.4???
>>

> I don't have much of a clue, sorry. Sounds like maybe a path issue? What
> platform is this.

OSX/El Capitan.

It's not just paths--I don't have any Community versions or 6.x versions
for it to have picked up.

At a couple of points, I tried 6, but it had the phantom variable
declaration problem many times worse than 5, and I had to give up.   I went
straight to 7 once it was usable.

I've also avoided the community version like the plague (as well as any
other GPL3 software that involves source code making it to my computer; the
"All your patents are belong to us" and such is just to dangerous)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462