The name of the property to trace scripts into the IDE

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 16:24:56 EDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 12:48 PM, mwieder <ahsoftware at sonic.net> wrote:

> ...as in...
>
> global gRevDevelopment; put true into gRevDevelopment

Unfortunately, it's not getting me there.

I have a log stack, and the simple function

on cck stuff
  put stuff & cr  & the milliseconds & cr & cr after fld "log" of cd
"wtchcrd" of stack "ckwatch"
end cck

end error handler

*on* errorDialog pExecutionError, pParseError

   cck  ("whoops! " & the date & the time & cr & the milliseconds & cr & cr
\

         & "lib: error occurred on line: " & item 2 of line 1 of
pExecutionError & cr & cr  \

               & "pParseError:" & cr & pParseError & cr & cr  \

         & "pExecutionError:" & cr & pExecutionError & cr & cr & "context:"
& cr & the executionContexts & cr)

   *answer* "lib: error occurred on line: " & item 2 of line 1 of
pExecutionError & cr & cr \

         & pParseError & cr & cr & pExecutionError with "Continue" and
"Stop" and "Pause"

   *close* stack "splash"

   *switch* it

      *case* "stop"

         *exit* to top

         *break*

      *case* "stop"

         *breakpoint*

         *break*

   *end* *switch*

   ck the executionContexts

   *--breakpoint*

*end* errorDialog

It looks to me like it's a problem with opening the message box in
revUpdateGeometry

This seems to be happening in preOpenStack of the control stack, after it
loads the library stack (which is where my handler is).

I do open a message box and put it where I want it in that preOpenStack:

        *--         put the messagebox somewhere useful*

         *show* message box

         *set* the height of stack "message Box" to 144

         *set* the width of stack "message box" to 576

         *set* the itemDel to comma

         *set* the bottomLeft of stack "message box" to 36, 2* item 2 of the
screenLoc - 36

also, in reading the file revmessagebox.rev, I see lots of references like:

button id 1037 of group id 1016 of card id 1002 of stack
"/Applications/LiveCode Community 6.7 (dp
2).app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/revlibrary.rev"

What in the world is this doing in Indy 7.1.4???

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462