How to extract specific columns/line items from a CSV file?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at me.com
Tue Sep 20 16:16:52 EDT 2016

Hi folks,
I’ve a large number of sizeable CSV files from each of which I need to extract just 2 or 3 specific columns. Creating nested iterations through every item in every line seems somewhat inefficient - as does loading each full file into memory - so I feel I must be missing a trick here.

Does Livecode support any elegant way of directly manipulating or ‘querying’ (like SQL) delimited data, to extract numbered (or named) columns/items - such as 1(Id), 3(Name) & 15(Summary) - from in each line from a CSV container or direct from a file/URL?
Best,
Keith..