Dumb question about files on a server

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 17:09:10 EDT 2016

The current path starts in the same directory as the script being run, so
you can do all your work relative from there.  You aren't finding a path
"to" the server, all paths on the server are relative to each other, and
since the lc script is local to that filesystem thats exactly how you view
it. As a local system.

If you wish to hide the file in question outside the http hierarchy you can
probably do that too depending on permissions and how your host server is
set up.

If you "put the folder" with an lc script, you should see the path to the
working directory all the way back to root which will help you figure out
where things reside.    For example, on-rev has a public_html folder where
all account domains are contained.  If the lc script is in the mydomain
folder inside public_html and you have it "put the folder" you would see
something like /home/youraccountname/public_html/mydomain

So it boils down to.. If you know where the script is, and you know where
you want the folder to be you should be able to ferret out the correct
path.

You'll also want to add error checking of course to make sure folders and
files actually get created.