Dumb question about files on a server

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 16:36:48 EDT 2016

Ah k.. well on the server side the code should be relatively simple.

You need to check for the existence of a folder, so in your .lc script --
if there is not a folder "foldername" then... applies still. If its not
there, create it (create folder "foldername")  If it wasn't there it is
now, so either way you can continue on.

I have the habit of setting the folder I wish to write to, so you could set
the folder to your existing or newly created folder.

The next question is.. If you will simply be appending a line to the file
each time, its easy enough to do so without reading in the contents of the
file.
Just put the new line after url "file:yourfilename" and you're done.

If you need to do other things to the contents first though....

if there is a file "yourfilename" then
   put url "file: yourfilename" into tVar
   do your processing of the existing data, and modify as needed with the
new information
   put tVar into url "file:yourfilename" -- to overwrite the file with the
processed data
else
   process only the new data
   put tData into url "file:yourfilename" -- to create a new file and put
the first values into it
end if

>From your description the problem is very linear and should be simple to
code.