Playing Sound question

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 21:01:27 EDT 2016

Hi Bill,

Just for curiosity. I tested your stack
on Ubuntu Linux.

In Ubuntu, the first button does not work at all,
(Play MP3 AudioClip) but second button
(Play Audioclip 1) loads mplayer into memory,
and after clicking "Stop Playing" button
the sound starts.

As far as I know, there is no way to stop or
resume mplayer from within LiveCode, except
waiting until sound (or movie) is finished.

Alejandro

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqnlgzph5x5h23l/PlaySound Tests.zip?dl=0