LiveCode Server 8.1 - installing

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Fri Sep 16 11:45:42 EDT 2016

Thanks Mark, but I didn’t have to do this- good, because typically I would have no idea what password to use. I just went back over Stephen Barncard’s advice (thanks so much, Stephen!) about .htaccess (I was already there in fact) and most particularly about permissions (I was emphatically NOT there). So my samples are working now and any other problems are to do with mistakes I’ve made and not to do with the issue of installing LC Server. I am not sure if the current LC documentation warns you about the pesky permission problem, but it should.

Thanks also to Richard Gaskin for his very helpful and thoughtful mail. It would indeed be good if we could meet again. My pad in the South of France is still functioning, as you guessed! We need a bit more rain to get the grass back in order… but I digress.

Graham