use-livecode Digest, Vol 156, Issue 33

Mark Clark markclark at mac.com
Fri Sep 16 09:25:17 EDT 2016

Charles and Matthias—thanks to both of you! Works like a charm now that you’ve shown the way:) The line by line explanations and updated sample stack were perfect--
FWIW, hostm apparently allows either TLS or SSL but their docs use TLS (port designation 587 or 465) as the “right” way.

I have the list set to digest so apologize for the delay in thanking you both.You have helped me overcome a really tedious monitoring job ---from a web interface to a swimming pool controller to a handy LC style “email me if you have any issues with chlorine or PH, etc. I do volunteer work for a non-profit with a fairly large (160,000 gallons)  swimming pool and we just installed Prominent DCM5 chemical controllers/monitors. They do have a built in web host that exists on our local network but who wants to vpn at all hours of the day? Livecode is perfect for scraping data from an old taco cgi, building a little logic and posting data to a simple db. It also sends out a notice once daily as well as warnings if things go really wrong—thanks to you now all in a simple LC app that launchd tickles once/15 minutes for data logging.

mc