LiveCode 8.1 and the Filter enhancements...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Sep 14 17:06:16 EDT 2016

For those using LC 8.1, and have tried the new filter command's support
for arrays, I have a question:

I see you can filter by keys or elements from the documentations, which
is great, but I don's see how I would do another common item

Let say I have an array that is a table (a common model) where the rows
are numeric keys and the columns keys are "field" names. So

tArray[1]["col1"] some value
tArray[1]["col2"] some other value
tArray[2]["col1"] still another value
tArray[2]["col2"] and yet one more value

Can I use the new filter command to filter on a specific column and get
all the rows matching? For example match where ["col2"] contains "some"
which would only return row 1.

I realize I can write code to do this (and have). I was wondering if I
am missing something obvious and there is a way to do this using the new
filter command enhancements in 1 line.