LiveCode Server 8.1 - installing

Mark Talluto mark at canelasoftware.com
Wed Sep 14 16:59:21 EDT 2016

> On Sep 14, 2016, at 8:57 AM, Graham Samuel <livfoss at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Obviously I have made a massive error, but what is it? I just want to be able to run some .lc programs on the server - it doesn’t seem much to ask.

LC 8.1 has different dependencies than previous versions of LC. The first thing I would do is make sure you have GLib installed. Open terminal, sign into your server and type the following:

apt-get install libglib2.0-0

You may need to get sudo access thus:

sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-0
(enter password when asked)

Something else that is new in 8.1 is the ability to get error messages regarding missing dependencies. Not sure if you are seeing those.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io