attempt to delete unsaved stack bombs out in IDE

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:12:05 EDT 2016

I create stacks as I go along by cloning the source stacks.  I then try to
remove them.

"victims" was created by filtering the lines of the openStacks

   *lock* messages

   *repeat* for each word stk in victims

      *if* stk is among the lines of the openStacks *then*

         *close* stack stk

         *--         send "closeStack" to stack stk   *

         *delete* stack stk

      *end* *if*

   *end* *repeat*

   *unlock* messages

The "close stack" works fine.

"delete stack" bombs out to the end of the script, then to the end of the
calling script, and gives the message,

Script compile error:

Error description: request: no 'type' expression

The stacks are transient and for data entry.  I'm cloning so that I can
have more than one.  (Eventually, I'll get around to copying deleting
cards, but I had to make some other changes, and this was natural.

The stack is never, and should never, be saved to disk after creation.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

I'm using 7.1.4.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462