Algoritm for RGB Values for Color Wheel

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Sep 12 14:00:35 EDT 2016

Thanks Scott.. this gets me very close and I can see the pattern.

I can tweak this to get to the "official" formal color wheel which has the three primaries, three secondaries and six tertiaries in proper order

see: e.g.
http://artfusion.info/arttimeline/artelements_principles/color/colorwheeltertiary.jpg

Also given screen gammas being so bright these days I'll have to lower values to get something closer to a pigment based "look and feel"

but you gave me all I need. I think I just need to reorder the constants.

@ craig…the requirements are to programmatically show not only flat background colors but also (hopefully) some interesting animations. that fall in the formal color wheel range. So I was looking for how to use numeric RGB values so we  could handle all that "mathematically"