Why Chained Behaviors May Be A Bad Idea

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Sun Sep 11 22:51:54 EDT 2016

On 09/11/2016 07:22 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> A bit OT, but this was interesting to me..
>
> https://www.quora.com/Is-inheritance-bad-practice-in-OOP
>
> "kinda" validated my gut feeling about nesting behaviors

Well, most of the article rants about multiple inheritance, which is
indeed a bad idea. But of course you know that's different from chained
behaviors, so no worries there.

I had to laugh about a self-proclaimed "Perl expert" arguing about OOP,
but he does have one great quote:

"If none of the AOP stuff that I wrote made any sense, let me
paraphrase: AOP was a an experiment that accidentally made its way into
the wild and when found, should be beaten to death viciously with hammers."

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com