Another scary bug??

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Wed Sep 7 18:16:09 EDT 2016

Thanks Bob

Lots of parts of the engine that deal with strings have two code paths. One for native encoding and one for unicode. This is an attempt to maintain as close to pre LC 7 performance as possible. I suspect based on your description that the bug only impacts the native encoding side of things. I can’t recall anyone working on anything like this for 8.1 but I could be wrong there.

You never know this could be bug of the week on `This week in LiveCode` ;-)

Cheers

Monte